Arnold Kolax recognizes the responsibility of furniture manufactures to do business in such a way as to minimize negative impacts on the environment. Our strategy in this regard is many-faceted.
- We are committed to producing high quality, durable products that can provide many years of service. When properly maintained, Arnold Kolax's casegoods and library furniture can last for decades, unlike less expensive imports that have to be replaced regularly.
- In its manufacturing process, great care is taken to reduce material waste, and to dispose of the irreducible waste in an environmentally friendly way.
- Arnold Kolax incorporates the goals of sustainability into all its business decisions, by inculcating a respect for the environment in our employees, and reviewing the environmental records of our suppliers.
On a more concrete level, we have made a concerted effort to provide our customers with environmentally friendly options.
- Arnold Kolax has been awarded a Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody Certificate. This certificate provides proof that FSC projects use lumber and wood products from FSC protected woodlands. FSC promotes forest management that protects the environment and the people who live in that area.
- Arnold Kolax is a member of the US Green Building Council, which establishes guidelines for the construction of green buildings and establishes LEED rating systems.
Arnold Kolax can offer several avenues to accumulating LEED points:
Material and Resources
- Credit 4.1 Recycled content 10%
- Credit 4.2 Recycled content 20%
- Credit 5.1 Regional materials, 20% recycled regionally
- Credit 5.2 Regional material, 10% extracted and manufactured regionally
- Credit 6 Rapidly renewable materials
- Credit 7 Certified wood
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Credit 4.1 Low-emitting materials, adhesives, and sealants
- Credit 4.4 Low-emitting materials, composite wood, and laminate adhesives